Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gratitude continued.

I started listing things I am grateful for last month and found a sight from a friend http://www.gratitudechallenge.com/ which is a challenge to list daily for 21 days things that you are grateful for and I joined it today.  Being someone who battles with depression I've been told that one of the ways that helps to put a dent into it is to daily remember what it is that you are grateful for before you go to bed or write it down regularly so that you start conditioning yourself to see the good instead of the negative.  I am guilty of being too negative about myself where I would not let someone else say the things to me that I say to myself.  Weird, huh?
Another thing that has been very effectual in giving me insight to those things in my head and my heart has been listening to Mother Night by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.  Which I highly recommend as a way to look at how to look at life and fix the broken parts. She's a wonderful reading voice, too!  http://www.soundstrue.com/authors/Clarissa_Pinkola_Estes/  She also wrote a book called Women Who Run with Wolves which I've yet to read but look forward to greatly. Or you can find her on www.Amazon.com or www.Audible.com 

Pumpkin is quite irritated with me for putting that little bit of anti-flea and tick stuff on the back of his neck. I've to to sneak up on him to do it and then he is convinced I'm trying to kill him instead of making him feel better.  He's now slinking around the house trying to avoid me as I've suddenly turned evil again after being nothing but indulgent to him for 3.5 years.  I love these cats and I guess I 'own' them as much as cats can be owned, but compared to my Simpkin I had for 18 years, damn they are dumb!  But lord knows they are very good hunters!  I've got to give them that!
Happy Thanksgiving!  I've got to make marinade tomorrow and inject 4 Turkeys to deep fry tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment