Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 7...(cue dramatic music!)

I've done remarkably well staying away from sugar and I must stay I've feeling a LOT better!  I eat quite a bit of fruit, but I know that's good for me and I'm not going over board with it. Well except today.  I went grocery shopping and I think I've eaten half the groceries.  It was really the first day I got any real sugar cravings and it might have been because being a slave to hormones, or that I've had such a bizarre and sleep altered (rather sleepless) week that it just caught up to me.  So despite the desire to find cake and ice cream and eat 12 pounds of each. I've not done so. 
I did manage not to eat any sugar today, but did some damage on some pistachios which will be filling in any area of my jeans not currently stretched to the limit.   It seems one of the hardest parts of this journey is keeping the journal.  I believe this is important to really understand what nutrients I'm getting, how many calories I really am taking in and how I've burned my energy.  Whoever designed the cellphone app is great!  It's showing me more information and patterns than I assumed it would.  Now if I could figure out how to add 2-3 more hours to my day to add exercise and meditation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment