Friday, March 25, 2011

In between jobs at work, I look at other people's blogs. Mostly design and art blogs.  I am fascinated with the creativity and vision that people have that they are able to manifest. It makes me want to go home and do something creative!  When I do get home, I've forgotten about my inspirations ( it's an hour and a half drive) or I take one look at my cluttered bedroom and my mind turns to mush.

I REALLY want to have two sunny warm days in a row where I can pull everything out of the bedroom to outside on the deck and only put back the things I want to keep, or that I think fit in there without it being too chaotic.  I've learned that chaos of surroundings leads to chaos of the mind.  I literally can't think in a messy cluttered room.  I have tons of art and craft supplies which I do nothing with at this point since there's little or no space to work and then I can't decide what to work on or where to begin.  It doesn't help that I live in 300 sq. ft. and that there are no closets.  but I need to create a solution and half my possessions so I can be creative.  I love looking at pictures of minimalistic spaces that are clean and uncomplicated like the one above I have pulled from the internet. But mostly I like big wide open spaces with a lot of light and few possessions. It really makes it so much easier to think in a big empty clean space. 
My family and myself still need to work on the concept of owning you items instead of them owning you. 
I crave simplicity.  Yet, like most, I'm at a loss when it comes time to rid myself of things.  I've never been that good at 'letting go', but I am learning.  Now to put more of the lesson into action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment